|Les Amis du Vieux
e mail: email@example.com
facebook : https://www.facebook.com/AmisDuVieuxMarche
COME AND SEE
is a great one !
As early as the 16th century, there is mention of an "Oude Merct" in Brussels.
In 1640 an "old or used things" marktet was open on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The actual antiques marktet is the descendant of the old one
which was situated at Place Anneessens.
It was called the "Vieux Marché", or "Den Neuwen â Met".
Plans for the Place du jeu de balle were drawn up in 1854.
It was called "Renard", being situated near the rue des Renards, a 15th century street.
In 1873 the merchants settled officially on Renard
and they have been working there daily since 1919.
It is the world's only antiques and flea marktet open every day.
June 13, 1998: Manneken Pis
dressed as a traditional marktet dealer.
The Flea marktet
(Le Vieux Marché)
Place du Jeu de Balle
A map of the surroundings of the Flea marktet,
with some noteworthy buildings indicated.
Bus : 27 & 48 "Jeu de Balle"
Subway : "Porte de Hal"